I normally only post on Mondays, but Muted Mouthful, included me in this tag for World Mental Health Day, and I couldn’t resist. Thanks Muted Mouthful! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, head over there for great posts from a socially anxious introvert.
How music helps my mental health
For me, music is the perfect solution for any mood. When I’m joyful, I crank some disco and boogie all over the house. When I’m mellow and reflective, classical music spurs my ideas and imagination. Most importantly, on the dark days, the hard days, the days where I would rather stay nestled in bed than face the world with this achy body, I can put on my headphones and choose any of these songs to get me up and moving. Yes, I’m a bit of a metal head and I’m totally not current with today’s music. Rock on!
1) Spirit of the West – any of their songs really, amazing Canadian folk rock band
2) My Chemical Romance – Famous Last Words
3) Metallica – Welcome Home (Sanitarium) – This was my teenage anthem. Listening to it now reminds me of how far I’ve come from that confused, angry teenager.
4) Iron Maiden – Run to the Hills
5) AC/DC – For Those About to Rock
6) Billy Idol – Can’t Break Me Down
7) Oasis – Don’t Look Back in Anger
8) Dire Straits – Romeo and Juliet
9) Van Morrison – Into the Mystic
10) The Stone Roses – Ten Storey Love Song
Other bloggers I nominate
I picked mostly newer blogs that could use some love, so I hope you’ll check them out!
Thanks again to https://lauraspoonie.blog/2018/10/10/pick-me-up-playlist-tag/ for initiating the Pick-Me-Up Playlist tag. Let’s keep spreading awareness so we can break the stigma of mental illness.